Dynamite Hemorrhage #2
Dynamite Hemorrhage #2 is an 84-page music fanzine dedicated to raw and sub-underground rocknroll from the last 5 decades. This one came out in late November 2014.
- An interview and career-spanning retrospective with BILL DIREEN, the New Zealand-based musical iconoclast and creator of some of the most weird and wonderful underground pop music of the last 35 years. Great old photos of Vacuum, Six Impossible Things and more - with Direen's take on his many recordings, bands and general outlook on creation & creativity.
- Tim Warren from Crypt Records, on the eve of two new volumes of the mind-destroying "BACK FROM THE GRAVE" 60s punk compilations, takes us through in profanity-strewn detail how he's been putting these comps together since 1983, and the pain the man has endured to make sure you and I get to hear some of the most raw and rare rocknroll chaos of all time...!
- Interview with bedroom lo-fi pop savants HONEY RADAR, currently making many short, abrasive and lovely mini-masterpieces out of Philadelphia
- Interview with NOTS, raw and slashing earworm punk band from Memphis
- KING TEARS MORTUARY, Sydney, Australia's answer to the question "What would a mix of C86, KBD punk and The Gories sound like?"
- Erika Elizabeth's overview of lost and neglected female-fronted punk and post-punk bands and records you've never heard of
- The Layman's Guide to 1970s Jamaican DUB - an overview of wild, weird and wacked dub reggae created during its peak era, along with ten essential dub recordings, explored
- Interviews with Jon Savage and Stuart Baker on the new PUNK 45 series of archival 70s punk reissues
- 87 record reviews
- 15 book reviews
- Advertisements from today's top hitmaking labels